Policies and Procedures
WHISKER WATCHERS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
All polices and procedures have been established in order to allow Whisker Watchers LLC to provide the most excellent customer and pet care available. We appreciate your trust in our expertise and our years of experience. Our Policies and Procedures have been put in place solely to benefit our clients and pets.
*Whisker Watchers STRICTLY REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF ONCE (1) PER DAY VISITS FOR CATS IN OUR CARE, if the client will be gone for an entire day and night. Whisker Watchers STRICTLY REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF TWO (2) VISITS PER DAY FOR ALL DOGS IN OUR CARE, if the client will be gone for the entire day and night. See #27 for details.
1. VISIT LENGTH AND ARRIVAL TIMES: Visit length may vary five (5) minutes longer or shorter from the scheduled amount of time. The visit length starts when your sitter starts gaining entry and ends when your sitter finishes securing your home. All entry/exit time is a part of your scheduled visit length. Visit arrival will vary within the scheduled 2-3 hour time window. More specific arrival times will be honored when possible but are never guaranteed.
2. ONLINE PROFILE IS REQUIRED: It is the responsibility of the client to provide ALL information needed for the care of pets and home via our secure online portal here. It is the sole responsibility of the client to keep the information in the online profile up to date and accurate at all times. Online profile completion is REQUIRED before scheduling all new client meetings.
3. SERVICE PROVIDERS: Pet Sitting services are provided by managers and employees of Whisker Watchers only. Services will be scheduled with the client’s primary pet sitter whenever they are available. WHEN THE PRIMARY PET SITTER IS NOT AVAILABLE, REQUESTED SERVICES WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE SCHEDULED WITH ANOTHER PET SITTER EMPLOYED BY WHISKER WATCHERS. Your pet sitting may be reassigned to another employee pet sitter or Whisker Watchers management at ANY TIME due to factors beyond the control of Whisker Watchers. NO OUTSIDE PETS OR NON-WHISKER WATCHERS employees are allowed to be brought on client property by the employee pet sitters. Please notify Whisker Watchers management immediately if you feel this has occurred.
4. NEW CLIENT MEETINGS (MEET AND GREET): New clients receive one FREE 30-minute meeting with their primary pet sitter. Free meetings must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance. If the new client meeting is scheduled with less than 48 hours’ notice, payment of $30 is required.
Additional meetings will be at the cost of $30 per 30-minute meeting with a pet sitter. All key pick-up and drop-off meetings are 15 minutes and will be at the cost of $20 per key pick-up or drop-off.
5. SCHEDULING SERVICES: To request services please visit the Whisker Watchers website at whiskerwatcher.co (NOTE THAT IS IS .CO AND NOT .COM) and log in to our secure online portal found here and request visits or call the Whisker Watchers office at 928-910-5689. Services are NOT booked until you receive confirmation via email that “services have been booked as requested” Once services are booked as requested, all payment and cancellation policies apply.
6. CANCELLATIONS: To submit a cancellation please visit the Whisker Watchers website and log in to the secure online system, select the appropriate dates on the home screen, and press, “cancel” on the services needing cancellation. If you are not able to log in please call 928-910-5689 and leave a specific message to submit your cancellation. Services are NOT canceled until you receive notice via email that your “services have been canceled as requested.” View full cancellation policy here.
7. HOME ENTRY: LOCK BOX – We recommend all clients provide a lock box on your property with two tested keys as your primary means of entry. We recommend that you place your lock box at a side or back entry or other area that is not visible from the street. It is the clients responsibility to keep the online profile updated with the lock box code and location and to make sure the two tested keys are in the lockbox for all services. Please make sure lockbox can be safely accessed during snowy/icy weather. Do not give your lock box information to anyone other than providing it in your Whisker Watchers secure online profile. Please have your lock box and keys ready for testing at your new client meeting. If you choose not to use a lock box in favor of a coded entry door, please be aware this at your own risk and responsibility. If your coded entry does not work due to either a dead battery or worn out lock we will be unable to complete your pet visit.
ALTERNATE PRIMARY ENTRY: If you do not wish to provide a lock box we can collect and test two keys at your new client meeting that will be kept in our office for as long as you remain a client. Please be aware that we must have your keys in our possession before we can book any services for you. Also, we may not be able to accommodate service request submitted with less than a full two weeks notice if keys in our possession are required for entry. If you need your keys returned to you at anytime, you can schedule a free appointment to meet with us to pick up your keys. If you need to provide new keys to us at anytime, you can schedule a free appointment to drop off your keys with us.
SECONDARY ENTRY: All clients must provide a secondary entry method. This should be an on-site entry method such as a coded entry and/or a hidden key on your property that can be easily accessed during snowy/icy weather. If you wish, we can retain keys in our office as an emergency back up but please be aware that if we cannot gain entry with on-site methods it may take 1-2 business days for us to retrieve your keys from our office and get to your home. Please have a trusted friend or neighbor listed in your online profile that can gain access to your home to check on your pets in an emergency.
8. PAYMENT: Whisker Watchers accepts payment via credit card ONLY via our secure online system. ALL payment is due PRIOR to the start of services. Services WILL NOT be provided if payment is not received prior to the start of services. View full payment policy here.
REFUNDS: We have a STRICT NO REFUND POLICY. If services are cancelled after payment has been made, your Whisker Watchers account will credit towards future services.
For new clients, payment is required in full upon booking of the first service or first week of services. For established clients, payment is due before or exactly seven (7) days before services start. Whisker Watchers requires a credit card on file for automatic payments.
9. HOUSEHOLD EMERGENCIES: Please provide the name and number of a trusted maintenance company or a person you can rely on to attend to any household emergencies that may arise during your absence. This includes but is not limited to; leaking pipes, malfunctioning water heaters and heating and air units.
10. ADDITIONAL PET CARE ASSISTANCE AND OTHER SCHEDULED SERVICES: Whisker Watchers is not responsible for other persons in your home prior to, during, or immediately after our services have been rendered and who are not employees of Whisker Watchers. Please inform us at the time of the consultation of anyone who may have access to your home while you are away. This includes cleaning services, maintenance personnel, friends, family, and neighbors. It is understood that the client will notify anyone with access to the home that the services of Whisker Watchers have been engaged. Unexpected guests will be asked to leave; the police will be notified if they do not comply. Whisker Watchers cannot be held responsible for the loss, injury, or death of your pets. Whisker Watchers will also NOT be held responsible for any damage to your home or theft that occurs if anyone other than Whisker Watchers is entering your home or property.
11. INCLEMENT WEATHER: Whisker Watchers uses the best judgment in caring for your pets(s) and home at the time of inclement weather. Whisker Watchers will try to carry out your instructions to the best of our ability. Customer selection of a nearby emergency contact has been requested. View full inclement weather policy here.
12. SNOW AND ICE REMOVAL: All snow and ice removal is the responsibility of the client. Please make arrangements for someone to come and remove all snow and ice from your driveway, walkways, and home entrances/exits. NO refunds or credits will be given if we are unable to reach your home due to snow or ice. Your emergency contact person will be notified. The client is responsible for any injury that may occur to Whisker Watchers’ owner, Independent Contractors, or employees due to improper snow and ice removal. The client is responsible for any injury that may occur to their pets, or any house soiling or damage that may occur due to improper snow and ice removal. Please provide shovels, ice melt, and flash lights at all entrances or exits Whisker Watchers will be required to use.
13. PET GUARDIANSHIP: In the unfortunate event you become incapacitated while your pet(s) are in our care, please name the person(s) who should be contacted to become the guardian and take over the care of your pet(s) until care can be provided as arranged for in other legal documents prepared by you. We urge you to address care of your pet(s) when planning your estate. Please be sure the named person(s) is/are aware you are appointing the guardian(s) of your pet(s).
14. MEDICATION/VACCINATIONS/IMMUNIZATIONS: Whisker Watchers will attempt to administer medications as directed but is not liable for complications that arise as a result. Whisker Watchers will not provide service for any pet that has any form of active contagious illness. Whisker Watchers requires that all pets have the necessary vaccinations and immunizations required by law before service begins. We may require proof of up-to-date rabies vaccination and an up to date rabies tag is required to walk pets off of client’s property.
15. INJURY OF WHISKER WATCHERS: It is the client’s responsibility to disclose all previous bite, aggression, and health history of their pets. It is also the client’s responsibility to disclose ALL possible safety hazards in and around their home. If a pet care provider of Whisker Watchers is bitten or exposed to any disease or ailment received from the client’s pet(s), the client will be responsible for all costs and damages that may be incurred as a result. This includes the owner of Whisker Watchers, employees, and independent contractors. If a pet care provider of Whisker Watchers is injured or exposed to any disease or ailment received from hazardous conditions in the clients home or property, the client will be responsible for all cost and damages that may be incurred as a result. This includes the owner of Whisker Watchers, employees, and independent contractors. It is the client’s responsibility to provide a safe and hazard-free environment for pet caregivers as well as their pets.
16. UNFORESEEN PURCHASES OR VET EMERGENCIES: It is the client’s responsibility to provide all needed food and supplies for your pets. If we need to purchase supplies you will be billed for such supplies and the time/gas involved for us to gather such supplies. One veterinary trip totaling no more than one (1) hour of our time may be included with service at no extra cost if needed. Additional time will be billed at the cost of $40 per hour.
17. PET WASTE: Whisker Watchers will properly dispose of your pet(s) waste. We do request however, that you provide plastic bags for this purpose and indicate where you would like these waste bags disposed of. It is the client’s responsibility to provide a clean waste-free yard upon the arrival of Whisker Watchers. We do not clean waste in the yard present prior to our arrival, nor can we walk or play with your pet in a waste-filled yard.
18. COLLARS/LEASHES: Please provide secure collars with appropriate tags for all visits. Please provide a secure easy walk harness and a short sturdy leash with a handle close to your pet. Please provide proof of rabies vaccination and written permission if you would like your pet to be leash walked off of your property. Leash walk time is at the discretion of Whisker Watchers, based on the visit length scheduled, your pet’s behavior, appropriate leash and harness being provided, and the weather conditions.
19. FENCES: Whisker Watchers does not accept responsibility or liability for any client’s animals that escape or become lost or injured, fatal or otherwise, when instructed to leave the clients animals in a fenced area. This includes electronic, wood, metal or any other type of fence. The use of invisible fences is at the risk of the client. Whisker Watchers is not responsible for any injury, loss, or death of your pet that results from us being instructed to use an invisible fence. NO pets will be left by Whisker Watchers unsupervised between visit in an invisible fence or tied in the yard. If friends or neighbors visiting your pet leave your pet in an invisible fence or tied in your yard, Whisker Watchers is NOT responsible for any injury, loss, or death of your pet that may occur.
20. OTHER ANIMAL INTERACTIONS: We will do our best to keep interaction with stray or strange animals to a minimum. Please notify us if your dog is allowed to interact with any other specific known dogs in your neighborhood while we are leash walking.
21. HOUSE CLEANLINESS: Whisker Watchers will clean up after your pets to the best of our ability. Please inform us of the designated area for the appropriate cleaning supplies. Whisker Watchers is not responsible for carpet/flooring stains created by your pet(s). We request that you provide plastic bags, towels, cleaning products, paper towels, and trash bags. If there are accidents above and beyond the normal amount anticipated, Whisker Watchers will charge a reasonable fee for clean up time.
22. THERMOSTATS: Please leave your thermostat settings within a normal comfortable range. 55 – 75 degrees for cats and dogs is appropriate. If the house temperature is outside of this range, Whisker Watchers will adjust the thermostat to ensure the health and comfort of your pet(s). Please make sure all air conditioning and heating units are in good working order and leave instructions for use. Please leave information for whom to contact if the heating/air conditioning malfunctions.
23. CLIENT COMMUNICATION: Please contact us by calling 928-910-5689, logging in to our secure online system, or by emailing our office [email protected] (NOTE THAT IS IT .CO AND NOT .COM). All questions, issues, and schedule changes of any kind must be communicated directly with the office.
Our regular office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Mountain Standard Time. During this time Whisker Watchers management processes online request, emails, and answers and returns phone calls. Outside of this time communications are monitored for major emergencies only.
24. PHOTOS/VIDEOS: Photos or Videos of your pet may be used by Whisker Watchers for advertising purposes: On our website, social media, emails, or printed advertisement. If you do NOT wish your pets photos and or videos to be used please notify us and we will make note of it in your profile.
26. RATES: Whisker Watchers reserves the right to change our service rates at any time. Our rates are typically adjusted on January 1st and July 1st if needed.
27. VISIT REQUIREMENTS: Whisker Watchers STRICTLY REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF ONCE (1) PER DAY VISITS FOR CATS IN OUR CARE, if the client will be gone for an entire day and night. Whisker Watchers STRICTLY REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF TWO (2) VISITS PER DAY FOR ALL DOGS IN OUR CARE, if the client will be gone for the entire day and night. Three (3) visits a day may be required for dogs at the discretion of Whisker Watchers management. We have the right to decline service at anytime if we feel that an adequate schedule has not been booked to allow for pet care that is in line with the high standards of Whisker Watchers.
Why does Whisker Watchers require a minimum of once per day visits for cats in your care?
Picture this: A sitter arrives at your home to check on your cat while you are away on a two-week vacation. It’s Monday and your cat was timid, yet playful when your sitter last checked on her on Saturday. Today when the sitter enters the home, however, they find the cat unresponsive and lying in puddles of vomit. They scoop up the cat and race to the nearest emergency vet, while trying to reach you on your overseas trip.
After a quick examination, the veterinarian determines that your cat had developed a urethral blockage and was unable to urinate. With this condition, her bladder had quickly become distended and kidney toxins were poisoning her blood stream. Once the blockage is relieved and intravenous fluids are given, your cat is expected to make a full recovery – but the chance for survival would have been virtually nonexistent had your sitter arrived at the home even an hour or two later.
28. DAMAGE TO CLIENT PROPERTY: Whisker Watchers is NOT responsible for any damage done to clients property by the pets. If your pet sitter damages something in your home, please report it to the Whisker Watchers office immediately. We require that an invoice, receipt, or estimate for repairs be provided to us within 30 days of the incident. We will provide a credit to your Whisker Watchers account that will apply to any future services booked. Any damage claims over $500, or requiring refund or payment to the client will be processed by our insurance company. This will also apply if the sitter was unaware of the damage that occurred.
29. CLIENT DESTINATION CONTACT: Clients MUST list the hotel name, cruise line name, friend/family members house you will be staying at, hotel room phone number, etc. in case you do not have the best cell service where you will be going.